Living all of summer in one weekend. In Chicago, where we have had an extremely cold and wet spring, these last three days have been a welcoming sign of summer approaching. And I filled every moment possible with family, friends, and fun. And projects that will hopefully pay us back this summer.
It is amazing that one fairly open weekend can include:
- A bike ride
- Quiet night watching Straight out of Compton—impressive film
- A gorgeous afternoon at Arlington racetrack
- A neighborhood Summer Kick-off party. So many families to catch up with.
- Flower shopping
- Planting the entire vegetable garden
- Dinner on the deck with my family
It is a long list, but what a fun one!
So simple, but so, so rewarding. Embrace your free days or hours—fill them with people and time that give you freedom, space, and joy.